Friday, December 18, 2009

Bad Dreams

I had a bad dream last night.
Seems I have one every month or two.

My bad dreams aren't about skeletons or ghost pirates like the ones my children have. In my bad dreams, I relive the storm that broke our hearts and forced us away from the body of believers we love so deeply. It's funny:: although the key players are the same in my dreams, the events that force my husband to resign are always different from the actual events. The emotions, though. Oh my! The emotions are always the same.

The sting of rejection;
the numb shock of betrayal;
and the sadness.
Deep, soul-saturating sadness.

On the nights that I have these dreams, I always wake up in the morning feeling exhausted physically and emotionally.

It's hard to start the day crying.
It's hard to keep waiting for Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment